Tuesday 20 January 2009

President Obama

After the longest election campaign in history, Barack Obama was finally elected as the 44th President of the United States today. After blogging roughly a year ago that I believed it was all but over for him (the loss of the New Hampshire Primary seemed to hand the initiative back to Hillary Clinton), the Civil Rights ovement has finally come full circle. I feel so full of hyperbole that I'm feeling a little big speechless to be honest. I listened to the inauguration on Radio 4 in a gym car park in Royton (that's what I'll tell my grandkids). Uncharacteristically, Obama fluffed his lines (who can blame him!) before giving another flawless and rousing inaugural speech. The BBC news media correctly pointed out the almost regal air surrounding the day. Hmmmm. To best honest that's just about as much as I can manage :)

No comments: